Here's the perfect checklist for donating to Thrift on Kent.
Items we accept:
- Shoes, boots
- Furniture: bed frames, very clean mattresses, desks
Lamps, area carpets (bond ends, not remnants), mirrors
Pictures and picture frames
Bedding, linens, towels
Houseware items: pots & pans, kitchen utensils, home décor, glassware, house plants, knick-knacks
Small appliances: televisions, toasters, blenders, etc.
Stationery, school supplies
VHS & DVDs
Craft supplies, fabric, notions, yarn, sewing supplies
Sporting goods (skates, skis, skateboards, balls, bats), bikes, exercise equipment
Seasonal items and decorations (Christmas, Halloween, etc.) Please note: Christmas trees are not accepted until September
Tools, hardware, lawn & garden equipment
Items we do NOT accept:
Due to health regulations and disposal fees we are unable to accept the following items:
- Baby equipment (cribs, car seats, booster seats designed for a car, bath rings, baby gates, baby walkers, teethers, soothers, pacifiers, etc.)
- Large appliances (refrigerator, stove, freezer, air conditioner, washer, dryers, dishwashers, etc.)
- Telephones or telephone equipment (fax machines, answering machines, etc.)
- Pianos or organs
- Helmets (of any kind, bike, hockey etc.)
- Blinds, curtain rods, drapery hardware
- Egg cartons
- Building materials
- Automotive parts
* We can not accept items that are ripped, stained, or contain pet hair.
* All small appliances must be in good working condition.
* Televisions can not be more than 5 years old. (Check plate on back of television for manufacture date.